The toolkit helps organisations measure and assess the impact of their volunteering programmes on a variety of different stakeholders. It can be adapted to their individual situation and used to develop comparable and systematic data.
A practical guide for assessing the difference that volunteering makes.
The VIAT provides guidance on the following:
1. Identifying why you want to undertake a volunteering assessment;
2. Identifying the scale of the assessment and the resources you will need;
3. Identifying and prioritising the differences you want to assess and the groups you want to focus on;
4. Choosing the tools for your assessment;
5. Undertaking the assessment;
6. Analysing the results of the assessment;
7. Using the findings from the assessment.
The VIAT provides guidance in a hard copy book. A number of tools are also available on a dedicated web area.
IVR are available to provide additional follow-on support if required.
- Volunteer Scotland
- Volunteer Now