Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) is the Inspiring Impact partner for Scotland. Scottish charities face many of the same challenges as their peers across the UK, but do not always have the opportunity to access and learn about good practice from the rest of the UK. ESS shares learning about impact measurement and reporting from Scotland as well as producing resources and running an annual programme impact networking events for Scottish third sector organisations.
Inspiring Impact activities in Scotland 2018/19
ESS is running a series of three peer networking events in November 2018, March and June 2019. We’ve listened to participant feedback from previous events so this year there will be more space for peer problem-solving through action learning at each event, as well as continuing to feature ESS inputs, guest speakers and interactive sessions to tackle common evaluation challenges. For more information about Inspiring Impact in Scotland contact Louise Bowen.
Inspiring Impact Scotland events are:
- Aimed at third sector audiences and are free of charge for people from third sector organisations to attend.
- Focused on peer learning and networking. These events provide a lightly facilitated space for third sector practitioners to connect with others who may be facing similar evaluation challenges, share ideas and experiences, and explore these challenges together. Please note: these events are not Evaluation Support Scotland training workshops.
- Half day interactive sessions – to get a flavour of what the events are like check out the past events page and this reflective blog from Elaine Mowat at The Welcoming!
On the ESS website you can also find Inspiring Impact case studies from Scottish third sector organisations about how they embedded impact measurement into their day-to-day work.
Dates for your diaries: 2018/2019 events
Booking for events is via the Evaluation Support Scotland website. You can register interest for events before booking opens by emailing Louise Bowen.
- November 14th, central Edinburgh. Sharing tools for evaluation. Due to high demand for this event last year in Glasgow we’re running a similar event in Edinburgh to kick the series off. Bring your favourite evaluation tool(s) with you and take away some new ideas!
- March 5th, central Glasgow. Making the most of reporting. Writing an evaluation report or planning to do so? This event will help you make the most of reporting and shining a light on the difference your work is making to people and communities. Booking open January 2019.
- June 12th, Dundee. Shelving it? Storing your evaluation data. Booking open March 2019.